Sunday, February 15, 2009

I may have killed the zucchini

Yesterday's weather actuals: 42/54, 0.08 inches of rain

Seedling mania continues indoors as the cool crop box has become a small wading pool on the roof.

I can't explain what I was thinking when I put no fewer than five zucchini seedlings in a 3 inch peat pot. And now, despite the gravest warnings that zucchini is extremely sensitive to transplanting, I have split them into three and two and most likely have killed them all. Stay tuned.

Everything else is going great! Still pinching white blossoms off the strawberry plants which seem to be growing well.

I wouldn't dream of complaining about all the wonderful life-giving and seed-drowning rain we've been getting nonstop for over a week now. It's grand. I will complain that I didn't keep the box covered more and now it is kind of a mess. There's a spot of sunshine now that may be just the thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment